With the holidays coming up, we wanted to share with you a quick and simple gift idea: pillow cases. They’re perfect to personalize with various fabric prints and colors. A set of pillow cases would make an inexpensive but thoughtful gift for any occasion. And they’re super easy to make!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
2 – 21” x 27” rectangles for the pillowcase (this is one inch larger than the size of the pillow)
2 – 21” x 10 rectangles in coordinating or contrasting fabric for the cuff
(NOTE: The pillow case in these instructions fit a 20″x26″ pillow)
Ready? Let’s Get Started!
- On the two cuff pieces, fold and press ½” along one long edge of both cuff pieces.
- Align the raw edge of the cuff and the pillowcase section with right side of the cuff to the wrong side of one piece of the pillowcase.
- Stitch with ¼” seam allowance.
- Press seam allowance toward the cuff.
- Fold the cuff over so the folded edge covers the seam.
- Stitch close to the folded edges – can use a straight stitch or a decorator stitch.
- Add the cuff to both pillowcase sections.
- Place the two pillow case sections with right sides together.
- Starting at the folded edge of the cuff, stitch around three raw edges with 1/4” seam allowance.
- Trim the bottom corners.
- Turn the Pillowcase right side out. Stitch around the sides and bottom edge with 3/8” seam allowance. This encases the raw edges with a French seam so there are no raw edges.
And now you have a finished pillow case! Have a wonderful time making a whole pile of them!